Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Berry Salad

This was my 2009 Easter salad. I ended up burning the candied nuts because I had my second date with the man who would become my boyfriend and he kissed for for the first time while I was stirring. I'll never forget this salad now.


Salad:

* 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
* 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
* 1 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
* 1/4 cup chopped red onion
* 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1 cup candied pecans

Creamy Raspberry Dressing:

* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
* 2-1/2 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam

Directions:
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries, kiwi, onion, feta cheese and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat.

Candied Pecans:
In a medium frying pan heat 2 tablespoons canola oil with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Add halved pecans when mixed. Heat til liquid is absorbed.

Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftover dressing. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment