Friday, May 27, 2011

Maple Pumpkin Soup

This is flagrant theft, but I'll cite my source (as good archivists are wont to do) because this soup is so lovely! I found this on Girl Chef so do please go and check her site out. There's lots of other delicious-sounding recipes, which I plan on trying.

I did consider changing the date stamp on this post because this is definitely an autumn soup, but it's cold in San Francisco and I've been surviving off soup for awhile (side note: I'm escaping to Palm Springs this weekend partially to enjoy cold dishes). I changed a couple of things from the original recipe and here it is:

Ingredients:

2 maple flavored sausages, sliced and browned
1 red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 large can pumpkin puree
3 cups stock (+/- depending on how thick you prefer your soup)
1 can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
4 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt, to taste
Fresh sage, to garnish

Directions:

Saute minced onion in stock pot. When soft, add garlic and toss. Add pumpkin puree and mix. Add stock, beans, syrup, sausage, and nutmeg. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve with crusty bread and garnished with sage leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment