Sunday, November 25, 2012

Corn Pudding


My absolute favorite side dish of all time!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups milk
4 eggs
1 stick butter, melted
1 bag (20 oz) frozen corn kernels, or 2.5 cups fresh corn kernels
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Dash Tabasco

Directions:

In a small saucepan, heat milk and gently melt the butter. Allow this to cool for a bit while you beat the eggs and mash up the corn a bit. I usually do this by hand because I'm lazy like that. I just grab handfuls of corn and eggs and squeeze it through my palms. You want a bit of a rough texture. If using frozen corn, allow it to melt first in a colander. Mix all the ingredients together and partially puree it with an immersion blender. Place in a buttered 2-quart baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 1.25 hours. The top should be lightly browned.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eileen
    I would like to share another version if I may.
    2 cans Cream Corn
    1 can Kernel Corn-drained
    8 oz. sour cream
    1 stick butter
    1 Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
    Chopped Green Onions over top
    Optional:
    Baco's

    Mix all ingredients well and pour into grease pan of your choice.
    Bake 375-400
    7 x 11 inch 50 minutes
    9 x 13 inch 30-40 minutes
    Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete