Monday, November 12, 2012

Sweet & Sour Chicken

So happy with this recipe, you guys! I figured that when I gave up non-organic meat that my old favorite American-Chinese dishes would be lost to me forever. Never imagined that I could make sweet & sour chicken better myself. Is that totally arrogant? Whatevs. I suggest two chicken breasts because once the coating is on it makes so much!

Ingredients:

2 boneless chicken breasts
salt + pepper
1.5 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup olive oil

Sweet & Sour Sauce ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 tbs ketchup
3 tbs sweet chili sauce
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325. Rinse chicken and cut into cubes, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl dip chicken pieces into flour, then in another bowl whip both eggs. Dip chicken pieces in eggs and then re-dip in flour. This is very messy. Deal with it. Heat your olive oil in skillet and brown chicken pieces till almost cooked through. Put the chicken in a greased baking dish. Now whisk together sauce ingredients in separate bowl and pour over chicken. Bake for 20-30 min. During this time you can make rice and steam veggies to go with the chicken. And by "you can" I of course mean "you should." Finish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment