Monday, November 12, 2012

Sausage Butternut Squash Pasta

Guys, I had my doubts about how this would taste. I am poor and wanted to make my boyfriend an anniversary dinner without having to buy a lot of extra things, and I had a Butternut Squash so what could I do with it? I looked at a few pasta recipes but they were "healthy" and I was concerned they would have no taste. So I did some tweaking (a lot of tweaking) and the final product was super good! Praise from the boy too :)



Ingredients:

1 Butternut Squash
2 tbsp minced garlic
Olive oil
2 tbsp butter
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp dried sage
1/2 cup cream (or half & half)
2 leeks
2 cups water
2 links apple gouda sausage
Linguine
Fresh sage
Parmesan

Directions:

Halve squash, scoop out seeds and gunk. Put 1 tsp of minced garlic in each scooped out hole and spray or coat the entire squash halves with olive oil. Bake at 400 till fork pierces without trouble (about 40 min - 1 hour). Scoop out squash and garlic and put into large mixing bowl. Slice white parts of leeks and boil with water and butter till soft. Add leek mixture, cream, and dried sage to squash and blend until smooth with immersion blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook linguine al dente. Slice sausage and brown in a skillet. Top pasta with squash sauce and sausage. Serve with fresh sage and Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment